Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The job - HR Consultant
As an HR Consultant, you’ll help shape Justworks’ Customer Success strategy by partnering closely with the Customer Success team to deliver Human Resources tools and guidance to Justworks’ customers.
Who you are
- Highly organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to simplify complex concepts into clear, easy-to-understand terms
- Able to manage competing priorities and multitask with strong attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team and be resourceful and adaptable
- Aptitude for learning new products and subject matter (with an emphasis on employment law updates), and helping others learn as well
- Willing to dive right in and affect change
- Interested in operations, and excited by opportunities to drive process improvements
- Comfortable handling challenging situations over the phone, with the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful
- Passionate about a career path as a customer-facing HR practitioner
- A problem solver who genuinely enjoys figuring out how and why things work
- Aligned with Justworks’ mission and share our core values: Camaraderie, Openness, Grit, Integrity and Simplicity
What you'll do
- Communicate directly with customers regarding their HR inquiries, as escalated by other members of the Customer Success team
- Work through creative solutions to effectively answer complex HR questions from customers, provide HR guidance and best practices, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and route feedback
- Manage queue of open issues to deliver timely and effective solutions
- Collaborate with Product and Compliance teams on feature requests related to HRIS and Compliance tools
- Liaise with Compliance to safeguard Justworks as a co-employer and demonstrate discretion as to when issues warrant escalation
- Create HR-related content and tools, for both external and internal use
- Explain complicated compliance and HR concepts in simple, user-friendly terms
- Serve as a project manager on complex and cross-functional issues to ensure the success of customers on the platform
- Display a high level of professionalism and compassion when working with each account on sensitive matters
- Work with internal teams to improve processes, with an eye toward improving customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred; if not certified, certification must be obtained within the first four months of employment - Justworks will provide financial support
- 4+ years experience as an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, HR Manager or Employee Relations Specialist
- High interest in and experience with a specific HR practice area (such as talent, benefits, leave, etc.) a plus
- Management experience a plus
- Experience in tech/SaaS a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.