Head of People
AlphaSense provides an AI-powered business insights platform, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s financial and market research content, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
The Head of People will be a key member of the Executive Team and take ownership of all people-related activities including but not limited to: employee relations/engagement, talent acquisition/strategy, internal learning & development, compensation & benefits, diversity & inclusion, compliance and HR/office operations.
Our Head of People should care deeply about how people work best, how they think, and what motivates their creativity and passion around work. They should have experience building effective processes and organizational structure in a rapidly growing company with international operations. They should be tapped into the best practices in the industry, be innovative and analytical, and be dedicated to creating an inclusive culture in which every one of our employees feels welcome and respected and is excited to do their best work.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with leadership to develop and implement HR strategies that support the goals and objectives of the business
- Work effectively, to advise and influence the CEO and leadership team, ensuring buy-in to key decisions, agreement on strategic direction, and alignment of cross-functional resources and activities
- Ensure that we build and maintain a cohesive global culture (including vision, mission & values) that people across all offices (including remote workers) share and identify with
- Create conditions that continue to build up a reputation for AlphaSense as an exceptional place to work, ensuring that we are a magnet for the top talent in the market
- Foster a culture that encourages people to think like company owners, contributing their best efforts, performance and ideas, and help enable and drive strong business performance
- Regularly review and improve our feedback, evaluation, compensation, benefits, and training programs and systems
- Ensure that we listen to employees across our organization and proactively help management be aware of any issues that need to be addressed as we grow
Who You Are:
- An experienced People leader with 10+ years of experience leading HR in a hyper growth environment
- Demonstrated track record of helping to develop an HR function that is a mission-critical partner in the success of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Technical experience designing and building policies, benefits programs, compensation plans, feedback systems, and training programs
- Exceptional business acumen to influence and challenge appropriately - within the business and among HR
- Ability to oversee the employee lifecycle from onboarding through to offboarding and ensure all systems supporting this are operating optimally
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting, synthesizing data to identify themes and create solutions to address those issues
- Effective at adapting to change, shifting gears comfortably, and being decisive
- Deep understanding of HR-related compliance requirements
- Self-starter with high intellect, excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong organizational and time-management skills in order to prioritize competing tasks simultaneously