Head of Employee Relations
At Flatiron Health, our people come first. Bright, curious and passionate people make what we do possible. We’re a diverse team of software engineers, quantitative scientists, oncologists, product managers, designers, and visionaries – all from different industries and backgrounds working together to take on cancer. We hire A+ talent and invest in their long-term career growth.
When you join Flatiron, you will be given the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment where learning and being challenged allows you to grow and develop skills that have an impact on our strategies and our mission “to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient.”
We are searching for a Head of Employee Relations to build our practice here at Flatiron. This individual will be responsible for defining our employee relations strategy, and providing consultative recommendations, direction and support for the ER function across Flatiron Health. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player who thrives in a very fast-paced environment, who brings both domain expertise and a comfort flexing from strategic direction to tactical execution.
- Lead investigations on employee relations matters and potential policy violations to evaluate and effectively address issues. Partner with HRBPs, legal and other parties as required to thoroughly conduct the investigation, handle the preparation of a comprehensive report and make a recommendation for resolution.
- Provides insight and interpretation to HRBPs, managers and employees regarding complex employee relations issues, organizational changes, and tricky performance management cases.
- Review policies across the People team and broader organization to ensure alignment with our core principles, and partner effectively on change management and communications as is appropriate.
- Make recommendations to stay current with trends and in compliance with current legislation and best practice, and assist with interpretation of policies for disciplinary actions.
- Develop and facilitate engaging training to leaders and employees about employee relations issues, investigations, and handling performance matters.
- Assist in performing disparate impact analysis on core People programs and processes.
- Utilize strong project management skills to ensure execution of key initiatives.
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects across the team as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Law background preferred.
- 10+ years work experience in a People team or Employment Law position, with at least 3-6 years in a dedicated Employee Relations or Labor Relations function.
- Expertise in policy design and understanding of all pertinent regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex legal topics from multiple angles, and translate those concepts into accessible narratives.
- Must possess excellent organizational, planning and project management skills.Thrives on getting things done both quickly and accurately.
- A team player with a “can do attitude”, with the ability to forge great relationships across the organization
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-growing environment.