Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About the position:
We're seeking an experienced Engineering Recruiter with background supporting a variety of teams at either a small tech startup or large successful technology company. You should have a strong understanding of newer technologies, complicated tech stacks and coding languages, and have experience filling senior level Engineering talent in a fast-paced environment.
To join our HR Team, you must have a 6th sense about people - you can separate the A-players from the rest, and you should be well-versed in proactively sourcing and maintaining your own recruiting pipeline. This is a full-cycle recruiting position and you'll be responsible for every inch of the hiring process, from partnering with hiring managers, sourcing & screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and working with hiring teams to evaluate and extend offers. You will also be asked to facilitate and lead meetings with recruiting and hiring teams to establish and maintain meaningful relationships with interviewers, senior leadership, and key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process, from kick-off meetings with hiring managers, to sourcing/screening, through onboarding a new hire
- Recruit mid to senior level Engineering talent, including Full-stack, Security, SRE, DevOps, Infrastructure, Data, Machine Learning, and all other Software Engineers
- Evaluate and streamline existing recruiting processes and maintain a high close rate
- Partner with hiring managers, interviewing teams, and senior leadership on hiring initiatives
- Oversee and manage a detail-oriented process, ensuring no conversation or open position slips through the cracks and provide "white-glove service" to all candidates
- Effectively communicate and negotiate all pieces of an offer package (including ISO stock options).
- Manage recruitment across the entire engineering department and work on special projects as needed
- Establish and build trust with hiring teams and important stakeholders to maintain a great working relationship
- A minimum of 2-5 years experience managing a full-cycle recruitment process for engineering talent
- Experience working for a fast-paced, tech startup or similar experience
- Experience partnering with senior leadership and management teams on hiring initiatives
- Experience working in a modern Applicant Tracking System (ATS) such as Greenhouse, Lever, or similar ATS
- Strong knowledge of complex technical stacks, engineering infrastructure, and general engineering recruitment best practices.
- Ability to write complex search queries and boolean search strings for sourcing across multiple platforms
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Ability to proactively source top talent, gain candidate interest, and pitch candidates on Foursquare's mission, values and goals
- Ability to deliver complex offer packages, including Stock Option terminology and negotiation tactics
- A team player with willingness to collaborate on great ideas and work towards company hiring goals together
- Bachelor's degree is required
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.