Director of Recruiting
Our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We are looking for a creative, passionate, data-driven recruiting manager to attract best-in-class talent to work at Urbint.
You will be the first in-house recruiter and take ownership of recruiting efforts. You will engage active and passive candidates across multiple channels and nurture them along the journey to becoming a part of the Urbint team. You will have an eye for the long term strategy by building a following, creating events, and developing relationships, while simultaneously managing the day-to-day outreach and execution.
As we are experiencing a critical junction in Urbint's growth, you will also play a key role in designing & building out the foundations of our people operations function. This includes culture-building, designing and implementing a learning & development strategy, Diversity & Inclusion efforts and full employee life cycle support.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
At Urbint You Will:
- Evangelize our company and culture
- Establish relationships with external partners (universities and other organizations)
- Partner with hiring managers to translate business needs into hiring requirements and create short-term and long-term recruiting strategies
- Recruit across all technical and business positions
- Own the recruiting process by sourcing active and passive candidates, reviewing resumes, phone screening candidates, and guiding individuals through to offer acceptance
- Engage recruiting agencies, when necessary, to optimize speed and hiring outcome
- Manage social accounts (Glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc.) for thought leadership and candidate engagement
- Create and manage external recruiting events
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record
- 7+ years of recruiting experience at high-growth startup
- Experience scaling a team from 10 to 50 to 100
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Creative thinker with an ability to use data to inform decisions
- Sense of urgency, initiative, and problem solving skills
- Skilled with recruiting and interviewing techniques
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Applicant Tracking Systems, Google Suite and Microsoft Office
What We Offer:
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package.
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid.
- Prime NoHo Location - Our office sits in the heart of NYC’s historic NoHo district and is just minutes away from the BDFM and 6 subway lines.
- Health Perks - Gym reimbursement and citibike membership.
- Strong Culture - collaborative office focused on teamwork, humility, and hustle.
- Catered lunch on Thursdays, plus a kitchen filled with snacks and drinks.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.