Director, People Operations
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful, serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
Simon is looking for a thought partner and leader to build out our culture into a true source of competitive advantage. As a rapidly growing company in a fast-paced market, we have succeeded on the efforts of a truly impressive team of talented, driven, yet humble individuals. We are now looking to solidify this talent dividend with proper support and systems, ensuring our people remain a lasting point of differentiation.
As the Director of People Operations, you will be the chief voice of our employees in senior management discussions. You will lead the design, implementation, and sustainment of a full-spectrum HR team, engaging with leaders across the business to ensure our people are both inspired and supported. Your day to day will be spent managing the team you build, working with functional leaders to provide better support to their teams, and driving strategic people initiatives with the executive team.
From day one, you will begin building an HR team within our Operations function. You will partner closely with our Talent Acquisition Director and executive team to identify key gaps in our HR coverage, proposing and driving initiatives to address them. We act quickly and learn fast - and you will drive this iterative process with the support of function leads and peers in the Operations function. A satisfied, inspired, and productive employee base will be your North Star for success in your new role.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and embed corporate policy around three primary pillars of HR: employee engagement & retention, learning & development, and employment compliance
- Drive policy and implementation around compensation, benefits, diversity & inclusion, employee feedback, dispute resolution, and develop a corporate social responsibility program
- Support management team with performance management; upgrading performance reviews, performance improvement plan systems, continuing education, and termination process
- Ensure Simon’s compliance with all relevant internal policies and legal standards, analyzing and proposing measures to mitigate key risks
- Build and manage the HR team
- Work closely with the Director, Talent Acquisition to ensure a seamless People strategy is applied to all employees at all stages
- Generate and deliver detailed reports to senior management, derived from analysis of HR metrics
- 5+ years experience in HR, People, or related fields
- Start-up experience required
- Proven ability to successfully lead, develop and build teams
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- A business acumen grounded on the human element
- Familiarity with data-driven analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Personable, collaborative, and a sense of humor
- BSc/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA in human resources is a plus
- SPHR Certification is a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.