Director of People & Culture
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Operations Management platform, empowering IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement. Which is why CB Insights and the New York Times named BetterCloud as one of “50 Future Unicorns” in 2019. BetterCloud is located in New York City, San Francisco, and Atlanta.
We are a high energy, high growth startup, that is seeking a hard-working, organized resource to join our People & Culture team in NYC. Our Director of People & Culture will be the go-to business partner for department leaders in NY and SF in a variety of areas including communications, employee relations, performance management, resource management, team and individual development, practice/policy interpretation and application, and other management challenges. We need adaptable, self-motivated people who have strong critical thinking skills. We want someone who cares a lot about culture and the people that form it, and will ensure we are maintaining and improving the elements that makes BetterCloud special as we grow.
- 5-7 years of Human Resources Generalist experience
- Experience in managing multi-state employee populations – particularly with California is highly desired
- Functional experience in employee relations, benefits, compensation, performance management, and recruitment along with a strong familiarity with employment laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or PHR or SPHR/SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or equivalent certification desired
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting, synthesizing data to identify themes and create solutions to address those issues
- Successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships and being a trusted advisor at all levels of the organization
- A belief in the power of a diverse workforce and a track record of ensuring an organization has a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Ability to be instinctive enough to jump on critical business issues & opportunities when you see them, scrappy enough to get operational items resolved, and savvy enough to work with all levels in a matrixed environment
- Effectively copes with change, shift gears comfortably, and can decide and act without having the total picture
- Self-starter with high intellect, good communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong organizational and time-management skills in order to prioritize competing, multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent presentation skills
- Formulate partnerships across the organization to drive the value of HR to leaders in an effort to help achieve the business objectives of the organization.
- Coach department leads to create and maintain a work environment with high morale, empathy, and productivity.
- Work with other Chief People Officer to develop, iterate, and execute a people strategy with your client group
- Collaborate with HR Team to manage company-wide people programs including benefits administration, succession planning, talent planning, and learning and development
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance (coaching, counseling, career development, conflict management, disciplinary actions).
- Help to elevate leadership capacity by truly understanding needs and perspectives.
- Build strong, respectful relationships, and overcome obstacles with fortitude.
- Influence the right outcomes for the business grounded in data, helping to elevate BetterCloud’s employment brand and distinct culture.
- Work closely with our Talent Acquisition team to ensure recruitment and HR for the client group are coordinated and successful.
- Conduct employee relations investigations; proactively manage legal risk; ensure manager and employee compliance with company guidelines and governmental regulations.
- Proactively respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: benefits, employee relations, and company guidelines.
- Assist in new hire orientations and the onboarding of new hires.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.