Director, Human Resources
As the Director of HR, you will develop and maintain HR best practices while leading global initiatives that support our employee lifecycle. You will be a trusted leader to the team and will handle day to day employee inquiries as well as ad hoc, sensitive matters with the utmost discretion and fairness. Most importantly, you will lead our HR Team’s mission to ensure our employees have an engaging and empowering experience throughout their tenure here at JW Player.
- Oversight of all day-to-day HR operations:
- Maintain and build on our global compensation and benefits strategy and operations and own our benefits/payroll vendor relationships domestically and internationally.
- Lead global HR systems roadmap and self-service strategy to support immediate and long-term delivery goals
- Ensure the highest levels of accuracy of data management for all systems and deliver accurate and timely people analytics metrics
- Compliance: maintain global employee handbooks, and ensure compliance as it relates to ACA, EEOC, FMLA, Labor Laws, Federal & State compliance as well as all HR policies and procedures for all of the company’s offices.
- Plan, manage and execute employee onboarding and offboarding
- Drive Payroll and Benefits and collaborate with IT, Finance and Operations to ensure accurate, timely and seamless employee experience.
- Employee Relations & Inclusion:
- Be the primary point of contact for day-to-day employee relations support to management and staff; lead or assist with internal investigations as needed.
- Be an advocate for diversity and inclusion at JW Player
- Manage domestic and international employee immigration and intracompany transfer experience.
- Employee Growth and Development:
- Own and provide insight into the strategic initiatives related to performance management, succession planning, organizational development, analytics
- Partner across the organization on employee growth, learning, and professional development programs.
- Direct strategy for other initiatives including wellness programs and benefits
- Facilities & Administration:
- Manage our facilities and administrative staff and partner with oversight of office functions globally.
- 6-10 years of HR generalist experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or similar preferred
- Ability to think in an innovative way and translate concepts into actionable items
- Previous talent management and organizational planning experience preferred
- Exceptional verbal, listening, writing, time management, multi-tasking, navigation, change management, and problem-solving skills
- Master's degree or labor relations experience a plus
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Suite
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.