About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
There’s never been a better time to join the People team at Rent the Runway! As the Director, HR Business Partner, you will report to the Head of the HRBP Function and become a strategic thought partner around all people related matters to C-level executives in support of their teams. As a seasoned, experienced and functionally capable professional, you will play a critical role in ensuring the organization drives a tightly aligned, integrated, high performance culture. You will develop, lead and communicate the Rent the Runway culture and operating style, and will play an integral role in building the organization’s capabilities. To be successful in this position, you will feel comfortable alternating between high-level strategy, and day to day tactical advice to line managers. As a key player within the company you will be immersed in the business groups you support, and be a critical link between the business groups and the wider People team. You will collaborate with other HRBPs and HR COEs to ensure consistent execution of HR programs.
- Create and deliver of all HR programs for one or more functional groups - ensuring alignment with enterprise level business and HR objectives
- Work closely with the most senior leaders of the organization providing sound HR advice and judgment on all people related matters
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Own, run and optimize all HR processes for your aligned group - including but not limited to, Compensation & Promotion process, performance management, OKR setting and tracking among others
- Identify, develop and deploy training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner closely with the legal and finance teams as needed
- BA/BS degree and 8-10 years of experience working in HR, preferably in startup or growth stage environment
- Master’s Degree or advanced coursework in Business, HR or related field preferred
- Proven track record of successfully managing employee relations, HR policies and procedures
- Experience in a dynamic environment with various departments included but not limited to: engineering, technology, creative, operations, marketing, finance etc. plus ability to support and effectively partner with employees at all levels
- Must demonstrate sound judgement, and ability to navigate through ambiguity, recognizing the importance of nuance - especially as it related to communication and relationship management
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent at communication and building relationships
- Astute attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, plus the ability to use Excel and Powerpoint as business tools
- Scrappiness and entrepreneurial spirit - must thrive in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment and effectively handle competing priorities
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws