Director of Acquisition
The Farmer’s Dog exists to simplify giving every dog their best life. First up? Completely reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
- Manage all facets of acquiring new customers across both paid and organic channels
- Work with the CEO to forecast and budget based on our growth goals
- Responsibility for setting and executing against growth KPIs
- Manage third party vendors and measure ROI vs in-house alternatives
- Drive new initiatives and explore untapped channels, all while maintaining a focus on growth and efficiency metrics
- Build on our referral marketing to empower our customers to share The Farmer's Dog
- Interface with product and retention to pass off customers into the onboarding and retention funnels to mitigate churn
- Work closely with Operations and Finance to properly forecast growth metrics for demand and financial planning
- Continue to redefine how we speak about The Farmer's Dog and empower our customers to be our most passionate advocates
- 5+ years of experience acquiring customers for digitally native brands
- An exceptional understanding of digital marketing and e-commerce as well as retail exposure
- A proven record of scaling marketing efforts to multi-million dollar budgets with extreme efficiency
- Experience building out and managing a marketing function within a fast-growing, tech company
- Ability to take a data-driven approach to test and capitalize on new marketing channels
- Occasionally getting your hands dirty as we grow (even if it means cleaning up after the dogs)
- A mission-driven mindset and a passion for fixing a broken industry for pets across the world
- You must: play nicely with others (humans and dogs). Prefer dogs to other species.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- DOGS EVERYWHERE!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game