Contract Technical Recruiter
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About This Position:
Foursquare is looking for a Contract Engineering Recruiter to seek out, attract, evaluate and hire talented software engineers from the entire stack, including mobile and infra engineers. Because they will recruit for NYC and SF they should have a good understanding of the technical employment market in both cities. The ideal candidate should have proven engineering recruiting expertise with specific experience at either a startup or technology company. They should be well-versed in the many different roles that make up an engineering organization at all levels and know where to source great talent. They should have an understanding of programming languages, technology stacks, and engineering processes. The ideal candidate will have some experience hiring for and managing internship programs and tech community outreach (e.g. tech talks, conferences, etc.). This position is based at our New York City (SoHo) headquarters. The contract will start off on a 6-month basis to start with the possibility of going full-time.
- A minimum of 3+ years total recruiting experience, and at least 1+ years of in-house recruiting experience, preferably in a tech startup or large tech company
- At least 2+ years of experience recruiting for software engineering positions at various levels
- Excellent ability to source, screen and pitch active and passive candidates in a competitive tech landscape
- Has the ability to effectively communicate both internally to clients & leadership but also to candidates; this includes details about the role and offer package (including stock options) and approach offer negotiations from multiple angles
- Exposure to HR responsibilities (e.g. employment law, immigration, compensation structures, and benefits)
- Strong understanding of technical stacks, systems and the latest emerging technologies
- Bachelor's Degree
Foursquare is proud to foster an environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love. Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.