Coach Community Manager - Event Planner
Effectively Deliver A Program That Has The Power To Make Tens Of Millions Of People Healthier And Happier. Hack Willpower, Save Lives And Have Fun Doing It.
Noom, Inc. is a mobile solutions company focused on preventative health. Noom's research-backed products help people achieve real, positive outcomes. Noom was awarded a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and was also recently selected as one of seven healthcare startups chosen to participate in the 2014 New York Digital Health Accelerator (NYDHA). Noom's apps boast more than 32 million installs worldwide and its flagship app, Noom Coach for Android, has been the #1 top grossing Health and Fitness App since 2012 in the Google Play Store. Noom has offices in New York City, Seoul, and Tokyo.
As our Coach Community Manager, you will be the glue that holds tight a team of 1000+ nationwide coaches! In order for coaches to improve the wellness of our user base, their well-being must be in tip-top shape. Through strategic planning of in-person events hosted around the country throughout the year, you will foster connection, professional development, team connectedness, and overall well-being among the coaching team. You will plan and execute all logistics in order to turn team-building ideas into unforgettable realities.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee in-person coach events from conception to evaluation.
- Use coach well-being data to craft strategic plans to address specific pain points on the team.
- Collaborate with Coach Management to understand the desired output for each event; provide frequent progress updates to ensure all are aligned and goals are achieved.
- Communicate and establish great relationships with external partners, vendors, and speakers.
- Take care of all reservations, bookings, and supply orders such as
- Travel and lodging accommodations
- Dining outings
- Entertainment - performers, guest speakers, etc.
- Swag, signage, and decor
- Be smart and creative in working with a budget.
- Resolve in-the-moment issues as they arise during events and keep things on schedule.
- Collect post-event feedback to learn what went well and what can be improved next time.
- Create newsletters for the team summarizing completed events.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years experience event planning for a large team or group and/or experience in People HR/community management.
- You are fun! You tend to be the last to leave the party and yet the first one in the office the next day.
- You like to travel, meet new people, and you make those around you feel comfortable and relaxed.
- You have impeccable attention to details and logistics.
- You’re able to grasp a half-baked idea and make it a well-executed reality.
- You are EXTREMELY organized and a self-starter.
- You’re both a creative spender and comfortable with negotiation.
- Planning of multiple events simultaneously is no problem for you.
- You understand and embody Noom’s culture.
- You are comfortable and professional in communicating with external partners.
- You know when to ask for clarification and when to take initiative.
- You stay cool under pressure and when things go wrong… in fact you like the chaos of turning a stumble into a graceful dance move.
NOTE: This is a full-time opportunity onsite at Noom's HQ in NYC.