Assistant, People Team
Fluent is a fast growing and successful Company that is revolutionizing online advertising. Named one of Crain's "Best Places to Work" 6 years running we are continuously moving forward, faster and wiser. Fluent is the Industry leader in customer acquisition and digital consumer engagement. Our proprietary ad serving technology and extensive publisher network enables marketers to acquire the best customers, with precision, at a massive scale. Leveraging big data and real-time interaction with consumers, Fluent has powered billions of profitable marketing opt-ins on behalf of more than 500 leading brands since its inception.
The People Team is focused on helping the business create a highly engaged culture with high performance teams by demonstrating our core values in all that we do.
Our Assistant, People Team is responsible for overseeing and ensuring the smooth running of our New York City headquarters. As we continue to expand into other cities and countries, this role will also assist in supporting our remote office locations. This team member will be responsible for keeping our offices fully stocked and operational. This role will help to execute activities that support an inclusive environment to all staff, remote or otherwise. From coming up with new and improved processes to rolling up your sleeves and executing, a no job too small mindset is critical. In addition, a key part of this role will be greeting guests and employees. A successful candidate will demonstrate relentless positivity and professionalism, creating a welcoming experience for all. Our Assistant, People Team will often be one of the first impressions of Fluent and therefore appearance, mannerisms and tone must all align to convey a consistent message of our high engagement and high-performance culture.
- Manage incoming visitor schedule, greet guests and accommodate accordingly
- Manage, maintain, and coordinate the reception area and all conference rooms
- Pick up, sort and distribute incoming mail daily; prepare and ship outgoing
- Answer, screen, and transfer all incoming calls
- Timely response to Facilities inbox requests
- Process the weekly grocery order, inventory the pantry, and maintain appearance of kitchen area
- Process weekly orders for staff breakfast and lunches, plus food and beverage for any ad hoc events
- Manage the inventory office supplies; responsible for purchasing any necessary items
- Maintain simple budget of costs and expenses to provide weekly summary
- Maintain relationship with barista; manage ordering of weekly café supplies
- Coordinate with and manage all relevant vendors including phone accounts, printers, internet, coffee machines, and cleaning services
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding of employees, i.e. creating building access cards
- Point of contact for remote offices and employees; sending care packages, grocery orders, office supply orders, etc
- Owning the physical set up and break down of events; i.e. Town Hall, rearranging chairs, setting up furniture, setting up food and decorations
- Assist our Senior Manager, People Team in planning and executing monthly and quarterly internal events
- Partner with Marketing team in creating materials related to events
- Occasional support with travel booking
- Other ad hoc projects as required
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to the C-Suite, variety of visitors and employees
- Independent worker, self-starter, problem solver
- Strong organizational skills, efficiency and optimization of tasks
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to execute against team project tasks
- Hospitality/Start-Up experience
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…
- Competitive salary
- Discounted gym memberships
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Open office space for team collaboration
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous employer match
- The amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company!
Fluent participates in the E-Verify Program. As a participating employer, Fluent, LLC will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Fluent, LLC follows all federal regulations including those set forth by The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices (OSC). The OSC enforces the anti-discrimination provision (274B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1324b.