At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
Intersection is looking for Controller to join our finance leadership team. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting new company bringing innovation to the urban cityscape. The Controller is responsible for all accounting functions of the Company, including oversight of the Accounting department, all reporting, accounting rules and procedures and controls.
This position reports to the CFO and manages several accounting teams, but also works directly with the senior leadership of the Company, including Senior Management, Sales, Operations, Finance, Business Development, Technology, and Legal.
- Define, design and implement a monthly analytics Dashboard, that highlights actionable trends, to the Senior Management of the Company
- Be at the forefront of changing our processes and workflow to accommodate emerging media buying trends
- Implement appropriate compliance procedures to ensure there is rate card and pricing integrity and compliance with our legal standards
- Support preparation of budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, and recommending plans
- Monitor and report sales performance for new deals/contracts to validate deal ROIs
- Contribute to our data-driven management focus by enriching our KPIs with data focused on our products financial health
- Monitor and control Company capital expenditures vs approved Board and Lender levels for both Intersection and CityBridge
- Monitor and control operating expenses including reviewing actual vs targeted levels with each department head on a monthly basis
- Drive weekly 13-week cash flow management
- Manage the year-end financial audit process
- Assist in the integration of new business units/contracts into centralized transaction processing and financial reporting
- Support adaptation and evolution of processes and systems for rapid growth and expansion into new markets
Transactions and Compliance:
- Review and establish all accounting policies and procedures along with documentation and enforcement with an eye towards IPO/SOX compliance environment
- 10-15+ years of relevant experience with at least 5+ years in a supervisory capacity
- Experience and comfort working in fast-paced entrepreneurial environments critical
- Experience implementing/evolving financial systems and processes for scalable growth preferred
- In depth experience implementing and/or evolving an ERP solution in partnership with a technology team
- Strong technical accounting knowledge in financial reporting, revenue recognition, external and internal-use software development costs and tax compliance
- CPA is required with Big 4 experience
- SEC reporting experience is a plus
- International operations and experience with foreign currencies is a plus
- Successful track record of building effective teams, including workplace culture
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent degree is required; advanced degree is a plus
- Honesty & integrity
- Strong analytical ability
- Open, thoughtful and direct communicator - with an emphasis on frequent communications
- Interprets and communicates financial results clearly and proactively
- Accountability and excellent follow-through on commitments
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.