Vice President, FP&A
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
The Vice President Financial Planning & Analysis will serve as a key member of the financial leadership team reporting directly to the Chief FInancial Officer. This is a newly created position to support the growth of the business and the team, and as such you will be empowered to deliver impactful business analysis and play a key part in the driving insightful business decisions and strategy. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, the Financial Planning & Analysis team plays a key role in partnering with the business and informing leadership of actual and projected performance, as well as analyzing business trends, changes, and new initiatives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. You will be empowered to drive improvements in the quality of our work as the RTR business grows. We are seeking a seasoned FP&A leader with an entrepreneurial drive, strong leadership skills, proven ability to partner with various business partners.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the operational function within FP&A - partnering closely with key stakeholders across the business and driving the FP&A function as a proven center of analytical excellence to support financial discipline and thoughtfulness throughout RTR.
- Lead the annual operating budget process, track and report on performance relative to plan, and manage ongoing rolling forecast updates.
- Build and iterate on complex financial models covering all aspects of RTR’s operations that will enable effective decision making regarding the company’s revenue growth strategy, cost structure, and capital expenditures.
- Improve operating teams’ understanding of financial statements and budget adherence with thoughtful and transparent analysis and partnership.
- Maintain and enhance efficiency of internal financial reporting processes, serving as a thought leader to upgrade reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement.
- Establish, track and monitor key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency.
- Create ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy, improve efficiency and maximize ROI.
- Help drive finance discipline, fact-based decision-making, and financial visibility.
- Collaborate with operating teams and provide fact-based recommendations that support revenue growth targets and improve profitability, operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- 12-15 years of experience finance and strategic analysis in investment banking, plus some time in an operational role within an FP&A function preferred
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills
- Highly proficient in financial analysis and model building
- Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once
- Able to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!