We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail oriented, and analytical Tax Accountant to work with the Tax Director on all areas of tax. The tax function is a critical component of the business, mitigating risk by maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local law, and advising business leaders throughout the company of any tax implications associated with a new project or law. In this role, you will need a broad understanding of business tax issues, a fascination with the nuances of tax law, and a strong accounting background. To succeed, you will need a thirst for tax knowledge and a deep desire to be a trusted resource to the Tax Director, Controller, and a wide variety of departments.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Monthly tax reconciliations and accruals
- Analyze sales tax data, providing to outside tax advisors for filing and working with the tax advisors on any sales tax notices or registrations/renewals
- Research sales tax issues and field sales tax questions from various members of the Care, Operations, and Legal teams
- Work with the Tax Director in preparing year-end 1099s for restaurants, drivers, and vendors
- Develop processes to continually improve 1099 season and train Care team members to properly respond to 1099 questions
- Support the Tax Director in providing data to outside tax advisors for preparation of federal and state tax filings, understanding/questioning their calculations, and processing the payments on time
- Work with Tax Director to improve tracking/filing of state and local taxes not prepared by outside tax advisors
- Assist the Tax Director in complying with tax laws related to payroll, property, use, and other taxes
- Partner with the Tax Director to identify exposure, reduce risk, and improve tax policies/processes
- Understand implications of new tax laws and effectively communicate to the Tax Director or other leaders as appropriate
You Should Have
- 1 - 2 years of corporate tax experience, preferably at a CPA firm
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Proficiency in account reconciliation and process development
- Knowledgeable in accounting systems and Excel
- An inquisitive mind and ability to breakdown tax research into a clean format for leaders and other departments to understand
- Ability to pivot between topics and priorities quickly, while meeting deadlines
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.