Fluent is a leading data-driven performance marketing company with an expertise in delivering measurable results. We interact with 1MM US consumers daily across our owned and operated websites. Our team uses the insights gathered from these interactions to drive growth for our partners. Through engaging digital experiences, Fluent creates meaningful and lasting connections between brands and consumers.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant will support the accounting team as we build a scalable infrastructure with an efficient financial close process and effective internal controls. As a public company, strong attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of consistent and solid performance are critical.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Prepares monthly general ledger journal entries
• Regularly maintains detailed and supported reconciliations of all assigned balance sheet accounts
• Review monthly account variances versus prior reporting periods
• Prepare documentation for external auditors, as required
• Special projects, as assigned
The successful candidate for this position will be:
• A compassionate, confident and humble contributor to a growing organization
• A strong critical thinker
• Collaborative, passionate and positive
• Thorough, accurate and highly organized
• Appreciative of effective time management and changing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years of experience in accounting
- Relevant experience with a monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships throughout the company
- Experience with QuickBooks or large-scale ERP, a plus
At Fluent, we are proud of our high-performing team and highly-engaged culture. Our corporate headquarters are situated in the heart of Lower Manhattan and boast stellar views of the Hudson River, along with an in-house barista, game room, and fully-stocked refrigerators. We treat our employees to catered breakfast and lunch weekly and are known to host some of the best events – from our summer Scavenger Hunt to annual Field Day.
By supporting both personal and professional growth initiatives, we empower our team to learn, connect, innovate, and succeed. Fluent offers corporate She Runs It memberships and mentoring opportunities, as well as the chance to apply for a Fluent Dream Grant – a program designed to help our employees pursue their personal dreams and passions. Dedicated to serving our local communities, the Fluent team also participates in designated service days and monthly fundraising efforts.
Ranked as a Crain’s Best Place to Work in NYC six years in a row, Fluent is proud to offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous employer match
- Open office space for team collaboration
- The opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company!
Fluent participates in the E-Verify Program. As a participating employer, Fluent, LLC will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Fluent, LLC follows all federal regulations including those set forth by The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices (OSC). The OSC enforces the anti-discrimination provision (§ 274B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b.