About the Company:
Industrious is the largest premium flexible workspace provider in the U.S. with over 65 locations in more than 35 U.S. cities. Its Workplace Experience platform, which pairs thoughtfully-designed spaces with hospitality-driven services and amenities, has reshaped the concept of coworking into a scalable solution for companies of all sizes and stages. Since its founding in 2013, Industrious has helped thousands of companies scale their businesses while maintaining the highest NPS scores in the industry.
As we shape the future of workplace experience, we’re looking for motivated, thoughtful, and collaborative people who are excited to join a high-growth, warm, and welcoming team. For more information, please visit www.industriousoffice.com/careers.
We kindly request that you do not call Industrious locations for employment inquiries.
About the Role:
As a Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and analyzing the financial statements for a range of company locations. You will beown the Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statement for the entities/properties allocated to you. You will be expected to contribute to the Finance Team's efforts to lead the company to a more streamlined and controlled operation as it grows rapidly. You will be a critical member of the Finance team and have broad exposure across all areas of the business as you work with the various business segments and will share the responsibility to ensure all financial statements are timely, accurate and fit for purpose. Your work will be vital to helping us scale into an international brand that transforms the way work is done and will impact the experience that thousands of members have on a daily basis as they come to work in our various locations.
The role is based in New York City and reports directly to the Senior Accountant.
- Prepare high quality financial statements for your entities/locations:
- Book/supervise the booking of all transactions
- Prepare/supervise the preparation of all reconciliations
- Understand all unit financial and operational business drivers
- Manage customer billing, A/R and revenue recognition
- Manage vendor invoices, A/P and expense recognition
- Complete and communicate monthly variance analysis (actual vs. budget)
- Recommend process improvements to the Controller
- File 1099’s and update W-9’s as needed
- Perform any ad hoc requests as they come up
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent with 2+ years of direct experience in the field
- Experience with ERP systems such as Netsuite
- Experience with complex legal structures and inter-company transactions a plus
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Extremely strong attention to detail and exceptionally organized
- Strong Microsoft Office skill set
- Ambitious and determined to make a difference in a fast-paced environment
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News:
- Industrious raises $80 million to double coworking sites in 2018
- Industrious Raises $80M in Funding Co-Led by Fifth Wall, Riverwood
- Is Industrious Like A Four Seasons? CEO Hodari Seems to Think So
- Blackstone's EQ Office Brings New Coworking Model to Howard Hughes Center
Industrious is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.