At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
We are looking for a hardworking, highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance team. The Staff Accountant will play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Accounting group reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high energy company.
- Support the month end close by preparing ongoing journal entries and accruals for revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts
- Maintain weekly and monthly schedules performing reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including but not limited to fixed assets, prepaid expenses, other assets, accounts receivable and deferred liabilities
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Review invoices, expense reports, and capital expenditures as needed to ensure proper coding and accounting treatment by Accounts Payable
- Assist in the preparation of support for the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Support the planning and budgeting team during the planning and budgeting processes by compiling ad-hoc reports and schedules
- Be a key collaborator for any company-wide system implementations
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience in either public accounting and/or relevant private industry experience
- CPA license preferred
- Must be a highly organized detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Exceptional Excel skills - must be comfortable with analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Ability to execute and follow-through on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Experience with a major ERP system preferred
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude is a must
- Able and willing to communicate effectively with various internal and external partners at various levels
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.