What you'll do:
- Responsible for the reconciliations of all operating cash accounts
- Oversee cash activity, researching and resolving anything new or unusual. Reconcile to third-party reports if available
- Review accounts payable and assist the B2B sales team with accounts receivable activities
- Compile data and prepare journal entries for balance sheet accounts (i.e. reclass, accruals, deferrals, and amortization as required)
- Perform Opex Analytics on an ongoing basis
- Address documentation requests and inquiries during the annual audit
- Execute ad hoc projects to help poise the business for scale
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience in a corporate/firm setting (bonus points for experience at a high-growth startup!)
- Excellent technical skills, particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating data
- Extraordinary organizational and time-management skills, with high attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence working independently, actively seeking mentorship as needed
Why you want this job:
- Impact: Our company is scaling quickly, and you’ll ensure our finance operations scale with us.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.