Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking a Staff Accountant to join its growing and dynamic accounting team. This is a hands-on position with a mix of accounting and operational duties. This role will be responsible for assisting in the day to day transaction processing and the related accounting, preparing account reconciliations in connection with the close process, and performing financial analysis on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in various revenue related accounting functions to include; preparing reconciliations and roll forwards relating to accounts receivable, allowance for doubtful accounts, and deferred revenue.
- Assist in reconciliations between subledger and G/L.
- Participate in intercompany transactions, ensuring proper recording, reconciliation, and settlement of balances.
- Support and assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles
- Design and implement internal controls
- Work with independent auditors to provide support for audited financial statements
- Manipulate and reconcile large volumes of data in Excel from various internal systems and the general ledger
- Assist in external financial reporting processes
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the team when requested
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years experience in accounting
- Working understanding of GAAP
- Ability to manipulate and manage large amounts of data
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and operational issues
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- Excellent written and formal presentation skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Big 4 public accounting or public/private company corporate accounting experience; Tech industry experience a plus
- CPA or working towards completing a CPA
- Familiarity with Netsuite, Salesforce, and Zuora
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.