Senior Manager, Accounting - North America
WE’RE USHERING IN A NEW ERA OF DATA PARTICIPATION. INTERESTED?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT AT COLLIBRA:
Collibra is looking for a highly motivated Accounting Manager to join its growing finance and accounting team in NYC. You'll work closely with several cross-functional business partners to prepare, analyze and effectively communicate the company's financial information in various key areas of the business. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on strategic manager and team player with a "can do" attitude and a demonstrated ability to identify and drive process improvement opportunities in a context of rapid growth.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ACCOUNTING MANAGER:
As a key member of our global accounting team, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Leading and managing key areas of the global month-end close process, including preparation and review of journal entries
- Performing and reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules and flux analysis (balance sheet and income statement)
- Partnering with FP&A and other business partners to prepare monthly management reporting packages
- Maintaining all aspects of fixed asset accounting and reporting
- Preparing North America payroll-related entries and tax reconciliations in support of monthly close, including variable compensation (bonus and commission accrual)
- Overseeing inter-company activity and assisting in the consolidations process
- Managing US and Canadian tax compliance and treasury-related responsibilities
- Providing outstanding customer service to finance and non-finance business partners by delivering financial insights and relevant reporting
- Evaluating current processes and system environment, along with identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities
- Assisting with the company & adoption of U.S. GAAP for global financial reporting
- Taking the lead on audit, providing analysis, and working with the company’s external auditors as needed
- Leading and assisting with other special projects as needed
- Manage the US-accounting team and assist in building out a world class team capable to support our high-growth business
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent
- CPA certification preferred
- 7+ years of accounting experience, ideally in a global and public company environment
- Solid working knowledge and application of U.S. GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills required; experience with ERP systems (Netsuite is a plus)
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A business partnering approach, with high standards for integrity and ethics
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced global environment with a "roll-up the sleeves" approach in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Outstanding project management skills to establish and meet deadlines
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package