Senior Analyst, FP&A
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion video views every month while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
Group Nine is currently seeking a Sr. Analyst who will be a key member of the Finance Team and will be responsible for assisting leadership in an analytical capacity. This role will report to the Manager, of FP&A & Strategic Planning and will have exposure to the CFO, Brand Presidents and other members of the Senior Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, and manage forecast for companywide P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
- Build and maintain budgets and P&L's which include but are not limited to Revenue, COGS, SG&A, and Net Income
- Manage company capitalization table; including equity issuances, vesting, acceleration terms, and valuation
- Manage all Month-end investor reporting and correspondence
- Support long-range planning, annual budgeting, and monthly financial forecasting through financial modeling
- Assist in all business and corporate development activities such as in Product launches, Pricing, JVs, M&A, Fundraising, and Divestitures, through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Develop presentation materials for internal and external stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or related field
- Must have 4+ years of relevant work experience in financial modeling and/or relevant analytical roles
- Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of the Media sector and background in corporate finance via investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and/or management consulting
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of accounting concepts and is an expert in Microsoft Excel and other office suites (Strong knowledge of Macros and VBA is a plus)
- Highly personable, friendly and has the ability to forge relationships across the company
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented, pro-active and able to manage multiple projects to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and with senior business leaders
- Independent thinker, motivated self-starter, and positive attitude
- Can operate in an extremely fast-growing organization with quickly shifting priorities and can adapt to changing, demanding, fast-paced environment
- Team player with curiosity and drive; collaboration is key
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.