Senior Accounting Associate
The Senior Accounting Associate will play a key part in helping the team establish strong controls around our month end close process, including performing reconciliations for various accounts. This role will also assist with process improvement and documentation and help the team scale with our growing business. You will be working directly with the North American Accounting Managers and will regularly engage with other functions.
About the Team
The Accounting team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness and accuracy and presenting the financial results of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions.
What you will accomplish:
- Perform the invoicing, accounts receivable and collections processes related to all revenue streams
- Own key account reconciliations, including accounts receivable, deferred revenue, fixed assets; all while collaborating with both finance and various teams across the organization
- Help maintain compliance with state sales tax requirements
- Assist in month-end close process including recording accruals, preparing journal entries and reviewing general ledger transactions for proper expense classifications
- Perform reconciliation of payroll and benefits related accounts
- Review employees expense reports and prepare them for reimbursements
- Assist and develop improved processes and policies to drive financial discipline across the company
- Assist in completing special projects, as needed
You might have this background:
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Active CPA license (or pursuing)
- Audit experience in retail, manufacturing or e-commerce also a plus
- A track record of successful team collaboration
- Strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep into solving problems
- Excited to live the start-up life – you are a self-starter, curious, and flexible to changing priorities and demands
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Accounting Manager
- You will work closely with Operations, Payroll and Wholesale teams, among others!
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.