AlphaSense provides an AI-powered business insights platform, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s financial and market research content, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
The position will be responsible for assisting the director of finance in overseeing the accounting function and working alongside another senior and junior level associate. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company and there will be significant opportunities for rapid career advancement.
- Prepare month end journal entries for entities under the AlphaSense umbrella
- Roll forward month end schedules (such as PPE, Leases, Long term debt) and reconcile to the GL
- Review new sales and renewals and initiate invoices
- Create revenue recognition schedules and manage/post revenue
- Manage the finance side of the commission process; work with sales ops to track and assign commission, manage commission expense schedule and associated bonuses.
- Create royalty reports and associated GL schedules
- Prepare sales metrics reporting at month end and create ad-hoc sales analytics
- Contribute to collections process and answer questions from clients as required
- Contributing to month end close process and managing related schedules, such as performing bank reconciliations
- Special projects as needed
- Responsibilities to change as company grows
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience working in early to mid-stage startups preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office is required
- Experience in accounting software (Sage Intacct a plus, but not required)