The Accounting team is responsible for preparing accurate financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and working cross-functionally with teams to manage financial risks. We work in a fast-paced environment with complex customer contracts that often employ multi-element pricing. In order to scale with the growth of the company, we are constantly building new processes and improving existing ones. As a member of this team, the Revenue Accountant will work closely with the revenue managers, other members of the Finance team, as well as cross-functionally to ensure Flatiron’s revenue recognition policies and procedures are in accordance with US GAAP. In addition, this person should be familiar with billing and collection practices.
- You will be responsible for reviewing customer contracts for revenue recognition and ensure proper multi-element revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP, primarily FASB ASC 605-25. This includes creating billing and revenue recognition schedules at the inception of the contract and continually maintaining revenue recognition, deferred revenue, unbilled accounts receivables and sales commission related accounts.
- You will research and analyze complex revenue recognition issues as necessary.
- You will own the month-end close for revenue accounts in Netsuite, Flatiron’s ERP system, including preparing journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations and roll-forwards, as well as assist with on-going enhancements to our close process.
- You will prepare financial analyses and memos (i.e. annual fair value analyses of all product offerings, ad-hoc analyses to support business decisions, documentation of revenue policies).
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams (sales operations, FP&A, business development, legal, account management, sales, support) to improve existing processes and support business needs.
- You will work closely with external auditors to support our annual financial statement audits.
- 3+ years of experience in Big Four or national public accounting firms OR 3+ years of combined experience in public accounting and industry, preferably with a software/SaaS company
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to think creatively, solution unexpected issues and work independently to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with technical research and takes initiative to determine accounting impact
- Experience in the application of ASC 605-25 and advanced technical knowledge related to software/SaaS revenue recognition a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Experience with Netsuite ERP and Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or on-track to be CPA