Working on our Finance team, the Purchasing Manager will establish scalable processes to run an effective purchasing team for our construction project sites. S/he/they will work cross-departmentally with our design, supply chain, project management, customer experience, and logistics teams while leading Knotel towards achieving the company objective to rapidly scale operations and the department goal to improve the purchasing process.
What You’ll Do
- Develop innovative purchasing strategy and create processes for New York project rollouts as well as playbooks for international purchasing
- Collaborate with design and project management teams by managing purchasing and logistics for site-specific projects
- Manage a team of purchasing associates to ensure the accurate and timely placement of purchases that align with our vendor payment terms and manage purchasing process from placement to delivery
- Liaise between sourcing and project management to define bulk quantity needs Maintain record of Purchase Orders and serve as point-person on product availability, open order shipping timelines and any issues with shipments
- Think critically and analytically to leverage our data to support scalable and efficient processes within the supply chain function
Who You Are
You are a natural problem-solver with a bias towards action and exceptionally high standards for organizing your work. You possess a high-level of ownership, accountability, and initiative. You pick up new skills quickly and have an exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated experience in working with a team in a fast-paced environment, coordinating logistics, and/or balancing multiple projects and timelines. You also have the following:
- 5+ years, or equivalent experience, in purchasing and/or logistics function. Bonus points for experience in commercial real estate!
- Experience contacting vendors, placing purchase orders, and/or reviewing vendor contracts
- Experience working directly with accounts payable
- Strong verbal and written communication required to liaise with multiple departments and vendors
- Solid foundation of business intelligence and financial best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize effectively
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.