Program Governance Specialist
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial services compliance and financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, operational and compliance professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Program Governance Specialist
In this role, you will roll up your sleeves to create, conduct and improve macro processes, perform Quality Assurance (“QA”) on Gemini’s AML/BSA/Sanctions Program and help Gemini uphold its high standards in the uncharted territory of digital assets, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. Working alongside the Head of Program Governance and the rest of the Compliance team, you will partner closely with key internal stakeholders (Including C-level personnel) across Compliance, Risk, Corporate Development, Account Management, Engineering, Financial & Treasury Operations, Fraud and Operations as we work to enhance Gemini’s high standards in this groundbreaking territory.
- Implement, update and test Gemini’s AML/BSA/Sanctions Quality Assurance Program.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of Gemini functions related to AML/BSA/Sanctions as well as the trading exchange itself.
- Draft recommended enhancements to the QA program.
- Conduct periodic reviews as well as updates to Gemini’s Compliance Policies/Procedures.
- Participate in formalizing and creating governance models and reviews of Gemini’s Compliance Department across the first and second lines of defense.
- Aid in the updates and analysis of Risk Assessments across the program and new products/initiatives.
- Establish and maintain regular reporting metrics for the Governance Lead and Chief Compliance Officer.
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include examinations and/or external audits.
- BA/BS degree in a business related field (accounting/economics etc.)
- 0-2+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services, digital asset or management consulting space (Big 4 or similar FCC/Financial Services Advisory/Assurance experience is desirable.)
- Comfort in public speaking and presenting to senior level stakeholders
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English
- Detail oriented and organized, as well as proactive in the follow up on pending deliverables
- Basic knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations.
- General understanding of KYC, Transaction Monitoring and Market Surveillance procedures.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.