Payroll Tax Analyst
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Payroll Tax Analyst joining our growing team you will be responsible for accurately paying and remitting withholding and unemployment taxes for our customers. You must have the ability to dependably execute a set of daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual tasks to help keep our CPEO and customers compliant. You are someone who can easily identify areas for process and procedure improvement and have a penchant for documenting everything you do. You love learning new software, deepening your skill-set and aspire to be a true payroll tax expert. Above all this role requires patience, determination and excellent people skills as you work cross-functionally to solve customer issues as well as communicate with local, state, and federal agencies
What you'll do
- Manage daily file uploads and electronic payments of payroll taxes
- Execute and maintain quarterly, monthly and annual payroll tax filings across all local, state, and federal jurisdictions
- Review our payroll tax system data on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, performing reconciliations of customer data and coordinating resolutions for any discrepancies
- Resolve payroll tax inquiries/issues generated by our Customer Success team within the agreed upon service level agreements
- Manage responses and resolution of local, federal and/or state payroll notices received by customers
- Maintain internal resource center regarding payroll tax policies and procedures
- Recommend and execute changes to payroll tax processes and procedures alongside key stakeholders in Engineering, Product, Customer Success, and Compliance
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years payroll tax filing and/or payroll experience
- Experience with multi-state accounts for single large employer or multi-employer in multiple-states preferred
- Experience working with PEOs preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process-driven while able to be resourceful and adaptable
- Technologically savvy; experience with utilizing multiple systems and software programs
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.