Payroll Operations Analyst
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Analyst on the Payroll Operations team you will work across the organization to research and resolve a variety of payroll inquiries. You will be responsible to provide subject matter expertise on best practices, be a specialist in Justworks systems. The role will require critical thinking, a keen understanding of how to troubleshoot and a demonstrated ability to work alongside various teams.
This role will report to the Manager, Payroll Operations.
What you'll do
- Execute day-to-day operations for Justworks payroll system including adjustments, reviewing accuracy of income withholding orders/garnishments, and verifying other relevant customer payroll data
- Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies in Justworks system
- Work with the Payroll Tax team to ensure accuracy of adjustments
- Respond to questions and requests from various teams at Justworks, including the Customer Success team
- Assist with maintaining the internal resource center regarding Payments Operations’ policies and procedures
- Assist with developing workflows and processing changes
- Support various team team as a subject matter expert on Justworks payroll
- Develop and review standard operating documents for stakeholders
Who you are
- Aptitude for quickly learning new products and subject matter
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, pride yourself in finding mistakes or errors
- Flexible and calm under pressure with an ability to thrive in a changing and complex environment
- Work effectively within a team, yet have the ability to take initiative and work effectively on your own
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- FPC required, CPP preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience in payroll and quarterly tax reporting and filing
- Familiarity with basic business process management activities (process mapping, improvement, implementation, etc.)
- Prior experience with Atlassian Software (Jira and Confluence) a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.