The Payroll Accountant works closely with the accounting, human resources, stock administration, and Sales. The Payroll Accountant is responsible for GL processing of our domestic & international operations, assisting in month-end close activities, performing monthly analytics, calculating sales commissions and participating in SEC quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Responsible for ADP upload of all payroll cycles
- Manage GL mapping within ADP and map new ADP codes as needed
- Prepare monthly payroll journal entries to the GL (including international and multi-currency) and reconcile back to ADP reports.
- Prepare monthly payroll accruals for salary, taxes, PTO, 401k Match, benefit allocations and other personnel related accounts.
- Verify new hires & inter-department movements are appropriately classified in the correct department and business unit.
- Work closely with Human Resources and serve as an intermediary between Human Resources and Finance team.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of payroll accounts in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly payroll/headcount analytics and work closely with FP&A to track against annual budget.
- Maintain and manage payroll binder of all reconciliations and monthly analytics for SOX compliance
- Participate in quarter-end close activities, including preparation of any auditor-required PBC items, schedules, and explanations
- Generate various payroll related reports, such as 401(k), vacation, FSA, and headcount reports; develop ad hoc reports as needed
- Prepare and manage calculation of sales commissions (monthly and quarterly for ~100-150 people).
- Work closely with Finance management to create and compile annual sales commission forecast.
- Participate as needed in new payroll-related reports, implementation projects and ad-hoc reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, preferred
- 3-5 years payroll and accounting experience in an in-house processed payroll department with high volume and international operations
- Experience working in a publicly-traded company or equivalent experience with quarterly auditor reviews and SOX, preferred
- Experience in preparing payroll journal entries and reconciling corresponding accounts
- Intermediate working knowledge of ADP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, preferred
- Experience with financial accounting software that is integrated with ADP; Great Plains experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of GAAP and payroll accounting principles
- Extremely detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; requires strong multi-tasking skills, and the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Ability to excel with time constraints and rapid turnaround situations
- Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V