Payments Operations Analyst
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The job - Payments Operation Analyst
As an Analyst on the Payments Operations team, you will serve as a resource for daily payroll processing, resolve payments-related issues, and manage instances of non-sufficient funds. You’ll make and support decisions with large financial and risk implications. In addition, you’ll work with Engineering and other departments to improve our systems and processes to make payments processing on Justworks as seamless as possible.
What you'll do
- Execute day-to-day core operational tasks for the payments team including managing funds transfers and reviewing customer information
- Monitor daily payments processing by triaging and resolving incoming payroll related issues
- Facilitate the non-sufficient funds process from start to finish, ensuring that each instance is handled timely and according to established standard operating procedures
- Utilize all available data and resources to make and support complex payments-related decisions
- Triage and resolve incoming payments-related questions from various teams at Justworks, including Customer Success and Finance
- Conduct end of month reconciliation processes with the Accounting team
- Maintain internal Payments Operations resources, policies, and procedures, ensuring their relevance and accuracy
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree graduate (or equivalent), with 1-2 years of work experience
- Familiar working with ACH processing in a payroll and/or financial services environment
- Proficient with Standard Query Language (SQL) and/or Excel (preferred)
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable making and supporting risk-based decisions on high-impact financial transactions
- Quick to learn new products and subject matter
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, pride yourself in finding mistakes or errors
- Effective at working in a team setting as well as independently
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.