Manager, Provider Revenue Accounting
Flatiron’s mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. The Provider organization does this by providing oncologists with professional services and technology solutions that improve overall patient experience.
The Accounting team is responsible for preparing accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and working cross-functionally with teams to manage financial risks. We work in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with customer contracts that sell professional services and SaaS products to Oncology Care Providers. In order to scale with the growth of the company, we are constantly building new processes and improving existing ones.
As a member of this team, you will work closely with the revenue senior, other members of the Finance team, as well as cross-functionally, to ensure Flatiron’s revenue recognition policies and procedures are in accordance with reporting standards, strengthen our internal control environment, seek operational efficiencies to shorten our time to close each month and be a strong partner to our Oncology Care Provider business. In addition, this person should be familiar with billing and collection practices. The position is based in NYC.
- Lead revenue recognition for the Oncology Care Provider business which includes review of monthly close activities performed by the senior accountant, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with ASC 606 and having a thorough understanding of fluxes.
- Identify, research and analyze complex revenue recognition issues. Communicate position to the Controller, CFO and cross-functional non-accountants.
- Responsible for review of the billing process and maintaining deferred revenue (ST/LT) and unbilled accounts receivable balances.
- Prepare financial analyses and technical memos (i.e. annual fair value analyses of all product offerings, ad-hoc analyses to support business decisions, documentation of revenue policies).
- Partner with the Sales team to review contracts from a finance perspective pre-sale to determine whether there are terms that impact revenue recognition and successful operational execution, as well as how best to mitigate financial risk.
- Drive continuous process improvements, design/ documentation thereof and effective monitoring of internal controls and SOX/IFRS/IA compliance.
- Improve operational processes with the goal of shortening month-end close.
- Ensure timely customer receivable billing and collections and manage collections issues with the business.
- Work closely with IT/systems teams to drive key system initiatives and updates and assist driving change to current systems to improve accuracy and efficiency, as needed.
- Serve as the accounting liaison for broader initiative to improve operational efficiencies across quote to cash process.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (sales operations, FP&A, customer success, business development, legal, sales) to improve existing processes and support business needs.
- Lead the implementation of best practices in revenue processes to scale our business.
- Special projects, as identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA license
- 5+ years of experience in Big Four or national public accounting firms AND industry, with hands-on, role-specific revenue experience
- Experienced in the application of both ASC 605-25 as well as ASC 606
- Strong analytical skills and leans towards challenging the status quo
- Strong self-starter with the ability to think creatively, solution unexpected issues and work independently to meet deadlines
- Proficient with technical research and takes initiative to determine accounting impact
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Passionate about healthcare and fighting cancer
- Belief in Flatiron’s Core Values
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Netsuite ERP and Salesforce.com a major plus
- Strong preference towards experience in an Oncology Care and/or software/SaaS company
- Advanced technical knowledge related to software/SaaS revenue recognition