About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empower senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, the Financial Planning & Analysis team delivers timely results and encourages open discussion and creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, and the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop and maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, and meet rapid deadlines.
- Building financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company’s cost base and revenue projections
- Presenting, analyzing, and interpreting relevant financial data to senior leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Working on a variety of special projects that may include M&A, financings, new business initiatives, etc.
- Owning budgeting process including annual review and analysis, assigning department specific budgets, and tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- Partnering with key business areas to perform strategic analysis and modeling to help inform department specific spending and decisions
- Analyzing competitor performance and market trends
- Writing commentary that adds value and draws attention to key issues and/or perspectives
- Establishing and reporting key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments
- Preparing and delivering daily, weekly and monthly management reports to key constituents
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- 2-7 years of finance and strategic analysis experience in banking or an operational role
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient in financial analysis and model building
- Experience utilizing various valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow, P/E, EV/EBITDA, and SOTP analysis
- Investment banking, M&A, or corporate finance experience preferred