At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empower senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, and strategic modeling, the Financial Planning & Analysis team delivers timely results and encourages open discussion and creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, and the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop and maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, and meet rapid deadlines.
- Building financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company’s cost base and revenue projections
- Presenting, analyzing, and interpreting relevant financial data to senior leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Working on a variety of special projects that may include M&A, financings, new business initiatives, etc.
- Owning budgeting process including annual review and analysis, assigning department specific budgets, and tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- Partnering with key business areas to perform strategic analysis and modeling to help inform department specific spending and decisions
- Analyzing competitor performance and market trends
- Writing commentary that adds value and draws attention to key issues and/or perspectives
- Establishing and reporting key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments
- Preparing and delivering daily, weekly and monthly management reports to key constituents
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- 2-7 years of finance and strategic analysis experience in banking or an operational role
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient in financial analysis and model building
- Experience utilizing various valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow, P/E, EV/EBITDA, and SOTP analysis
- Investment banking, M&A, or corporate finance experience preferred
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.