Manager, Accounts Payable
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about being high performing team players and who can take new challenges and go the extra mile.
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical, organized and possesses a high aptitude for problem solving, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of processes and controls in Procure to Pay that will enhance the accounting and overall finance function. This position reports to the Director, Accounting Operations.
The Manager, Accounts Payable will be responsible for managing the day to day Accounts Payable function and annual filing of Form 1099s. This person will research and rectify Accounts Payable processing issues as they arise as well as document and implement controls to ensure proper coding of invoices. He or she will manage the month end close process for Accounts Payable and the annual 1099 reporting process. The Manager, Accounts Payable will work with the purchasing organization to identify and implement vendor management policies and cost savings initiatives. This position will liaise with internal customers and external vendors on business transactions and projects. The Manager, Accounts Payable will drive policy development and process improvement optimizing department processes and building lasting relationships.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Overseeing routine department activities, such as invoice processing for both domestic and international entities, vendor management including new vendor set up and modifications, weekly payment processing, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate application and reconciliation of vendor invoices for the company and ensuring invoices are appropriate to pay and are accurate per contracts and policies.
- Managing the Accounts Payable closing process and the maintenance of the vendors, Accounts Payable aging, cash disbursements and timeliness of data.
- Maintaining the integrity of the company’s credit card process by ensuring all credit card transactions are following compliance with the company’s guidelines and are properly supported with receipts or equivalent documentation;
- Training, motivating, and evaluating Accounts Payable staff members;
- Ensuring monthly close deliverables are completed accurately and timely;
- Developing, implementing, documenting and improving policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency;
- Driving process improvement to ensure appropriate controls are designed and operating effectively;
- Performing continuous assessment of the Procure to Pay processes and process re-engineering for efficiency, simplicity and scalability;
- Participating in the accounting implementation of new ERP and ensure appropriate design of new system;
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives;
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees and vendors.
- Participating in ad-hoc accounting and finance projects, including various Corporate initiatives.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of Accounts Payable procedures and accounting and management principles.
- Outstanding organizational and follow up skills; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership over scope of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and prepare documentation.
- High attention to detail and the ability to analyze information and processes.
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.