Greater NYC Area
We’re Teachable, and we help thousands of people teach online. Our software makes it easy to create a beautiful online school and also allows teachers to collect payments from students. If you have a strong eye for detail, are good with numbers and are passionate about technology and education, we want YOU to apply to be a part of our team.
- Manage Accounts Payable function including corporate credit card program
- Assist in monthly mass payout process
- Oversee invoicing of enterprise clients
- Assist with month end close (including posting journal entries, updating reconciliations and more.)
- Assist in preparing month end variance analyses for lenders and investors
- Assist in Bad Actors/Fraud Prevention
- Assist in implementation of various projects within the Finance team
- Assist with various external audits
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
- Strong written communication skills with fluency in English
- At least 2 years of accounting work experience in a technology-related environment, SaaS a plus
- Strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to different scenarios in a startup environment
- Proficient in MS Office and the G Suite
- Experience working in public accounting and/or CPA license a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description