Head of Strategic Financial Planning & Analysis
Greater NYC Area
At HyperScience, we use modern machine learning to turn documents into machine-readable data. Our customers receive a wide variety of documents, like life insurance applications, paystubs, utility bills, insurance claims, that must be processed quickly and accurately to better serve the people at these organizations, and their customers. Amazingly, this is all done manually today. We’re on a mission to change that!
Our product is already delivering value to large, blue-chip organizations in financial services and insurance, and we see a massive opportunity to expand to more industries and automate more business processes. We are looking for people who are excited to help us build upon this foundation and vision.
Founded in 2014 by Peter Brodsky, Vladimir Tzankov, and Krasimir Marinov, Hyperscience has raised over $48 million from SV Angel, The Stripes Group, Firstmark, Battery Ventures, and Felicis Ventures.
The Finance & Strategy Manager will manage the financial planning and analysis functions across both offices at HyperScience and will have a cross-functional involvement with each department in relation to business development, budgeting and forecasting to ensure the company’s financial goals are being addressed and are met. This person will be also the expert who can read the financial data on the books in a way that is meaningful for the company’s stakeholders and be an important factor in the strategy defining and decision-making processes within the company.
The Finance & Strategy Manager will be part of the Company’s Finance and Operations team and will be reporting to the Chief Operating Officer in New York.
- Accounting Management - Oversee all finance related processes and controls (bookkeeping, expenses allocation, revenue recognition, etc)
- Cash flow Management - Put together and update various expense policies, own, coordinate and manage the budgeting function, manages the major vendors negotiation and planning, evaluate major vendors’ contracts
- Planning & Analysis - Empower members of the management team to make better, more educated decisions by providing regular reporting, forecasting, and as-needed analyses
- Audits and Financial Due Diligence - Play a major role during all the phases of the year-end audit, as well as during financial due diligence in connection with future rounds of fund-raising
The ideal candidate is well organized with a strong business acumen and a penchant for detail. This individual will be a self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced environment that provides meaningful autonomy and expects rigorous thinking.
What You'll Achieve:
- Within the first 60 days:
- Understand the existing accounting processes across the company
- Dive into our current financial model and build out proper financial budgeting and forecasting processes
- Review existing budgeting and forecasting processes
- Oversee monthly close processes for all entities, including but not limited to general ledger review, journal preparations, consolidation, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Manage cash flow reporting, including future projections, and oversee A/P and A/R activity
- After 60 days and beyond:
- Act as primary finance contact for the company’s leadership
- Produce regular, recurring reports, ensuring accuracy, validity, and clean presentation and help make financial decisions that impact the business
- Use existing or new technology solutions and tools to create systems & dashboards that enable leadership to have appropriate visibility to financial data
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting package, including financial statements, KPIs, forecasts, and metric dashboards
- Work with management to create financial packages for the Board of Directors
- Lead and coordinate the communication with various external parties, such as auditors, accountants, clients, vendors
- Oversee and manage the budgeting process and create variance reports
- Set and maintain company financial and expense policies
- Evaluate large vendor contracts and support negotiations
- Provide strategic support to key programs
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in financial reporting, modeling, financial analysis and business partnering
- Hands-on experience with building financial models and reports
- Good understanding of the general accounting principles and GAAP
- Experience writing Excel macros, v-lookups, pivot tables, and other functions
- Experience in a tech start-up environment with international/remote offices a big plus
Benefits & Perks
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Paid gym membership
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6 month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A child care and education stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Read Full Job Description