Head of Finance and Servicing
LeafLink is a SaaS marketplace platform that provides licensed cannabis dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage their operations and scale. With 2,500+ dispensaries and more than 700+ leading brands in Colorado, California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, and 6 other emerging state markets, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis brands and retailers work together. Our team, backed by leading VC's, is poised to define the cannabis wholesale market. LeafLink was recently named one of FastCompany's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise' for 2018, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare and we are hungry for more!
LeafLink is seeking a Head of Finance & Servicing for LeafLink Financial. This person will be responsible for developing and managing the accounting and servicing infrastructure to support the delivery of multiple, compliant financial services to LeafLink members. Additionally, this person will manage all functions related to capital markets partnerships and reporting requirements across LeafLink. This role is highly collaborative, requires creative thinking and will interface directly with our executive, finance, sales, client experience, and engineering teams. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with change, enjoys a very fast pace, and can juggle many tasks and deadlines.
- 8+ years of experience in an accounting function covering financial institutions and the capital markets
- Direct experience working within or with specialty finance companies, or other specialized investment funds.
- Exhibits a deep understanding of credit and loan servicing
- Experience working with or within the FinTech industry is preferred
- Experience working with or within an early to mid stage start-up company is a plus
- Ability and willingness to take on complex challenges
- Bachelor degree in applicable fields and relevant certifications (ex. CPA) are required
- Develop and manage the accounting and servicing infrastructure to support the delivery of multiple financial services to members of the LeafLink platform
- Manage capital markets partnerships and other third party relationships related to accounting and servicing
- Assist in the capital raising process
- Develop robust procedures to ensure the integrity of reports generated for third party stake-holders and LeafLink members
- Develop and measure against projection models for both LeafLink Financial and the LeafLink platform, while gaining a better understand of the company’s financial controls.
- Familiarity working with SQL is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- You are the poster child for startup hustle: change is your only constant, no challenge is too big, and no task is too small
- Self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, are outgoing and sociable, and enjoy meeting new people
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- You have knowledge of key project management concepts including phases, plans, deliverables, scope, and tasks
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills and are a proficient user of Microsoft Office
● Healthcare matching
● 3 weeks paid vacation a year
● Fun office environment
● Competitive salary
● Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
● Generous stock options
● Team events
● Cool Swag
● Brand spanking new office in FiDi