Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Lead
The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager and intellectually curious Reporting Lead who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to join our growing team. This role will primarily focus on all aspects of reporting and technical accounting matters. In this role, you will gain exposure to all departments across the company, and help the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual objectives.
We expect the Reporting Lead to be an important member of our small, but highly proficient, Finance team. The successful candidate will combine a strong technical accounting foundation, related reporting experience, and the desire to learn and develop their skills.
This role reports into the Corporate Controller in our New York headquarters.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal reporting purposes
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with SEC rules for external reporting purposes (10Qs and 10K)
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility on a quarterly and annual basis
- Continue to develop reporting processes, procedures and documentation and internal controls over financial reporting
- Research and document conclusions related to technical accounting issues and developments
- Assist the rest of the accounting team with certain monthly close activities
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participation in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in general accounting functions, including direct experience with external reporting in accordance with SEC
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC best practices related to financial reporting
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities
- Experience with Netsuite General Ledger and Workiva a huge plus
- Experience with international consolidations also a huge plus
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet tight deadlines required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA required
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.