Moda Operandi is seeking a Financial Analyst to be based in Manhattan and report to the VP of Finance. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for building financial forecasting models and translating operating results into analysis that guide the business in making well informed decisions to improve spend efficiency and overall profitability. This position will need to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries to develop a strong understanding of each cost center and its impact on profitable growth to drive strategic decisions. This role requires organization and skill at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous in a rapidly growing and dynamic business.
About the Role:
- Build and maintain financial models used to accurately plan and predict financial performance based on past trends and forward-looking strategies
- Partner with department heads to build annual budgets and ongoing forecasts, analyze business performance, and identify cost efficiencies
- Develop sensitivity analyses for key performance drivers
- Build ROI models and analyses for new and existing initiatives
- Develop reporting infrastructure to enhance visibility across the business
- Analyze performance trends and variances to forecast, and produce monthly and quarterly financial reviews for Management and Board of Directors
- Support the development of Board and investor communication materials
- Build collaborative working relationships with business leaders throughout the company to influence them to superior results through data driven insights
- Establish a regular cadence with business owners to review financial performance and projections.
- Present financial data and analysis with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive operating strategy and efficiencies; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Champion the advancement of financial planning tools/systems and streamline processes
- Thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving company
- Prefer providing financial insights over financial reporting
- Get excited partnering with colleagues outside of finance
- Enjoy building structure around loosely defined projects and establishing a sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
- Are a scrappy problem solver when resources are scarce and information is incomplete
- Have solid understanding of financial statements, and modeling techniques
- 4+ years of experience in financial, strategic, analytical, consulting or other role incorporating financial analytics and forward looking financial modeling; top tier MBA a plus. Experience analyzing e-commerce companies is a double bonus.