Finance & Business Manager
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities — something that couldn’t be more important right now in our world, and in the tech industry.
The Finance and Business Manager will create impact by driving the company to achieve its financial and operational goals through data management and analytics. Partnering across all departments including engineering, product, marketing, strategy and design, and business operations, the Finance and Business Manager will analyze and interpret financial results and metrics when compared against budgets and forecasts and provide data-driven insights that help define business strategy and enable fast innovation across the organization.
You will be responsible for:
- Produce and analyze monthly reporting on Meetup’s financial performance including revenue, expenses, headcount and other key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Build/manage models to project revenue metrics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Partner with business owners to understand departmental key monetary drivers
- Summarize results of analysis for monthly presentation to senior management.
- Assist with annual budget and monthly forecast preparation and analysis
- Assist with the Long Term Plan
- Gain a deep understanding of business drivers and fundamentals to help solve business problems throughout the company
- Partner with WeWork Finance to align on best in class practices
You will demonstrate:
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar field
- 4+ years of related business experience in Corporate Finance, FP&A, planning/strategy, business planning, etc.
- MS Excel mastery required (with experience in building/managing financial models, analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports)
- Data driven and data visualization: you must possess excellent analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop and articulate actionable recommendations
- Excellent quantitative, communication and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain trust from leadership
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate subject-matter to both financial and non-financial audiences
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?