Finance & Accounting Manager
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence. In many ways, the company is a Machine Learning and Data Science company at its core.
About This Position:
We are looking for an experienced Finance & Accounting Manager to oversee the daily financial operations and reporting in a rapidly changing environment. You will be responsible for the proper application of GAAP, completing month, quarter, and year-end closes, improving and creating new processes, and developing internal controls. The Finance Manager will be reporting directly to the Director of Finance.
- Manage/mentor 1-2 Finance Associates
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting processes and produce accurate financial statements
- Prepare all related schedules for balance sheet rollforward
- Oversee the daily activities of team members and manage their growth and development
- Work with business partners on policies and processes including sales, legal, and business development
- Develop, maintain, and improve an effective internal control environment
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Play a central role in the annual financial statement audit
- Assist in the preparation of income and sales tax returns
- Manage the full lifecycles of the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- 4+ years of experience in finance or accounting (public/private mix preferred)
- 2+ years of management & mentorship experience overseeing a small team or at least 1-2 employees
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- CPA is a plus!
- Experience at a publicly traded company a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to hit strict deadlines
- Detail-oriented and a team player
- An ability to work in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.