Director of Revenue Operations
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THIS ROLE
theSkimm’s Operations Team is a group of fast-moving and analytical thinkers who thrive on getting stuff done. As a lean team at theSkimm, we do more with less and we hustle. Nobody is too senior or too junior to do something. Everybody executes, and we are always in growth mode.
As the Director of Revenue Operations at theSkimm, you’ll act as the catalyst that keeps our Sales efforts growing and be the internal voice that helps the wider team understand how our sales and partnerships teams are performing. Reporting to theSkimm’s Chief Operating Officer, your role will have two major responsibilities across operations and analytics. As an operations leader, you will be responsible for establishing or maintaining our sales systems, sales process, pricing and inventory management. As an analytics leader, you will also be responsible for providing various levels of reporting and analytics to theSkimm’s sales and executive teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Providing high level, data-driven reporting to the executive team that allows both finance and theSkimm’s C-Suite to understand how we’re performing against targets and business goals
- Providing performance level reporting and analysis support to our Sales teams, helping sellers and management to understand goal setting, pacing, pipeline health and strategic prospecting or sales targeting.
- Providing change-driven recommendations and insights that will help drive future successes across theSkimm’s monetization efforts
- Working alongside a wide variety of internal teams, including Sales, Content, Marketing and finance.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 8+ years of experience in a sales-supporting operations role
- Experience at a digital media company
- A love for operations and process
- Highly organized, with a solution-based approach to work where nothing is a problem, rather a solution waiting to be found
- Strong ability to digest and work with numbers
- Very strong communicator
- A very high work-ethic and the ability to self motivate
- Ability to work at a fast pace
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY