Director of FP&A
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
What you'll do:
As our Director of FP&A, you will help steer the company’s rapid growth. You will be a strategic partner to business leaders and report in to the CFO as you help us to define the future of White Ops. We are excited to bring on an enthusiastic and passionate leader to help us continue to build and develop strong financial methodologies and practices.
- Taking the lead on financial modeling and re-forecasting (in collaboration with the Finance team)
- Partnering with Accounting on monthly close process, financial reporting, and preparation of GAAP financial documents
- Supporting in the design and evolution of key dashboards for all segments of the business, as well as be responsible for the price list
- Taking an active role in investor relations, fund-raising, and corporate development conversations
- Leading and developing a small team, as well as potentially growing it over time as the company expands
- Playing a key role in preparing White Ops up for a potential future Initial Public Offering
- Getting your hands dirty with ad hoc financial analysis and strategic insights as needed
Who you are:
- An expert FP&A leader with a history of helping fast-growing companies or have worked within a business unit at a larger technology company
- Excited to take ownership of our budgeting and forecasting processes
- You value being a strong leader and excel at building and developing your team
- Experience in either Technology Investment Banking or Strategy Consulting
- You have a superb ability to interact and influence leaders and can effectively communicate and connect with employees at all levels of the organization
- Hands-on financial modeling experience (Excel/Sheets) and presentation acumen (PPT, Slides)
- You have experience with system implementation (NetSuite, Intacct, Host Analytics, Salesforce.com, Anaplan, Looker, or similar) and a knack for understanding and navigating new technology
- BA/BS degree required (business or technical); MBA and/or CFA preferred
In your first year, success will look like:
- Taking full ownership of the financial model and internal/external financial reporting
- Implementing monthly re-forecasting/budgeting processes across the organization
- Partnering with department leaders to quickly understand the impact of changing business assumptions on P&L
- Developing long-range financial planning and pricing models that map to customer value across current and new markets
- Implementing an FP&A system to align finance and operations across White Ops
- Taking ownership of business intelligence strategies and implementation
- Establishing and optimizing systems to centralize / integrate data to common platforms for analysis and presentation, including financial reporting, critical metrics, and other operational metrics
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •