Why is a Controller important to us?
We are looking for a smart, agile Controller to join our Finance team at Shapeways, reporting to the CFO. The Controller will focus on the day-to-day accounting operations, including monthly close, accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, revenue recognition, balance sheet reconciliations, internal controls, treasury, and accounting analysis. As a Finance team, our goal is to provide a high level of service to the company, ensuring that the people who rely on us (our colleagues, our suppliers, our business partners, our leaders, our board and investors) have access to timely, accurate information about our business.
As a Controller you will:
- Lead a team of three: Senior Accountant and two Accountants
- Own company’s accounting operations and drive the accounting processes
- Management reporting including critical and detailed gross margin reporting
- Prepare financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow
- Handle the general ledger, including system access, chart of accounts, and close
- Oversee the company AP/AR
- Ensure that all monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed and any reconciling items are addressed and resolved
- Work with banking and credit card processing partners to leverage system enhancements and offerings to continue to improve and automate the process
- Serve as primary contact and coordinate with external Tax accountants and auditors
- Guide the annual external audits and tax submissions (US, Netherlands)
- Analyze and review transactions for proper GAAP treatment
- Lead sales tax compliance, reporting, filing; Handle VAT (with outside vendor)
- Collaborate with product and engineering on system changes that impact accounting processes
- Collaborate with Finance Manager on reporting and business analysis when needed
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- A degree in Accounting - CPA or advanced degree
- 6+ years of related experience in Ecommerce or Manufacturing
- Experienced working in a startup or lean environment
- Expert Excel skills including data analysis
- Maintain principal knowledge of GAAP - understanding of IFRS
- Strong people skills and a desire to collaborate with other departments
- A strong communicator
- Thrive on being detail oriented with optimal organizational skills; with a focus on teamwork and follow-up
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
Why join our team?
At Shapeways we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.