Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for an experienced Claims Processor to manage all claims as part of our Finance and Ops team in our NYC Headquarters. This role would be responsible for serving as our subject matter expert on claims and integration with insurance companies as we expand into the B2B space. We are looking for someone who has a track record of excellent claim management experience in an outpatient clinic setting, who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Accurate processing of claims including submitting claims on behalf of our therapists, track status of claims, and follow up with insurance companies
- Proactively manage settlement of claims, working to resolve them in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Recover rejected claims
- Provide reporting insights and develop indicators, tools, and reporting mechanisms
- Develop and document claims management workflows/processes
- 3+ years of managing claims in an outpatient clinic setting
- Experience with Accounts Receivable
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Advanced healthcare industry knowledge
- Experience with submitting health insurance claims thru payer portals
- Knowledge of eligibility, medical terminology, third-party reimbursement and COB
- Preferred: Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and Behavioral Health Plans
Since 2012, we have been on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.