Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences – not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Billing Specialist to come and join our growing Finance team. This person will be responsible for supporting day-to-day billing operations and collections, and will act as the subject matter expert on all best-in-class billing and billing support processes.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance and partnering heavily with Sales and Client Support, you will help construct a best practice billing function on a to-be-determined enterprise-grade billing platform. This is a multi-functional role that requires proficiency in customer billing, support and related processes and systems, as well as experience with cloud-based ERP systems. This individual will support our objective of establishing a billing operations functions that will support our hypergrowth and will sustain billing operations at a large scale/volume.
You'll be responsible for:
- Process daily billings and ensure invoices are appropriately posted and delivered to customers
- Work cross functionally to review customer contracts and ensure proper billing set-up, adhering to underlying system requirements and policy standards
- Responsible for responding to external and internal customer inquiries pertaining to invoices, customer payments, discrepancies and contract clarification requests
- Responsible for timely and accurate daily cash postings
- Work closely with the finance team to help improve overall processes, drive process efficiencies and improve/monitor internal controls for tasks within billings and collections
- Assist sales department with contracts and customer-related questions as needed
- Respond to field escalations and customer service requests
- Participate in month-end closing activities, reconciliation of billing activity and related trial balance accounts to the general ledger and analysis of doubtful accounts
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit
- Assist in the implementation of an enterprise-grade SaaS billing solution, such as Zuora or equivalent platform
- Additional ad hoc responsibilities as may be assigned
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- BS in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Familiarity with Zuora or similar SaaS product, previous experience with Billing Operations and related cloud-based systems preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce; Netsuite knowledge preferred
- 4+ years billing experience; background in cloud software environment with annual subscription, usage-based and renewal billing, collections and account reconciliations required
- 2+ years of experience in financial operations including general ledger, journal entries preferred
- Previous experience in a cloud software startup environment, high-growth, fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Proven ability to process billing and collection transactions
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems and the ability to identify areas for process improvement initiatives
- Understanding of GAAP, ASC 606 and revenue recognition experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills -- both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.