Accounts Receivable Analyst
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About This Position
We are looking for an A/R Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Finance team. You should be excited to learn about our company’s business model and have a basic understanding of revenue recognition, accounts receivable & cash collections. You will be responsible for leading billing operations for Foursquare by working closely with Sales Operations & Client Success to support a robust and growing Sales team. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive, proactive attitude & a great communicator. If you are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced & challenging environment, then this is the role for you. You will report directly to the Senior Finance Associate.
- Gain a deep understanding of the sales process from contract inception to billing & collection
- Lead the monthly billing process by ensuring the timely and accurate invoicing of customers
- Establish relationships with key business partners & customers, and liaise directly with customers as the main billing contact for invoicing and collection activities
- Follow up frequently by phone and email on past due balances and resolve customer billing disputes in a timely manner
- Work cross-functionally with Sales & Legal teams to understand business initiatives and new customer contract economics (deal structures) for appropriate accounting treatment. Work closely with Client Success team in obtaining timely impression counts for billing
- Work with other Finance team members to understand the tax implications of invoicing customers in new jurisdictions
- Perform customer credit check, credit limit set up and approval
- Manage collections regularly, focusing on minimizing bad debt and lowering DSO
- Provide monthly A/R reporting package for Senior Management review with information regarding:
- Incoming cash trends
- Days Sales Outstanding stats and trends
- Aging analysis
- Top outstanding customer accounts
- Customers in bankruptcy/default
- Ensure compliance with internal company policies and procedures
- Enhance the control environment around the billing cycle, identify key pain points and establish new control guidelines to improve accuracy & efficiency
- Other ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1-3 years of corporate accounting experience
- Knowledge of revenue recognition & accounts receivables procedures and principles
- Understanding of general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close processes
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with customers by phone & email
- Well-organized with high level of accuracy, attention to details
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Excel and familiarity with NetSuite & Salesforce
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.