At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join our growing Accounting team. You will play a key role in the Finance department during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. The Accounting Manager will assist in the day-to-day management of the timely and accurate financial reporting and close process reporting directly to the Accounting Director. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high energy company.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the timely management of the month end financial statement close process by keeping team priorities on track and assisting staff when necessary
- Manage the monthly close of Inventory, generating, compiling and reviewing monthly and weekly Inventory reporting and entries
- Review and approve journal entries and GL reconciliations prepared by junior staff accountants on a weekly and monthly basis
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures
- Communicate with various internal and external partners at various levels
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Participate in special projects relating to ERP implementation and ad hoc analyses as requested
- Mentor and train junior accountants
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- You have your CPA license
- You have 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, potentially including a mix of private and public accounting experience
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- You have an investigative and curious nature, loving problem-solving and utilizing your analytical skill set
- You have very strong Excel skills and are comfortable with analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- You can execute and follow-through on tasks while ensuring attention to detail
- You have experience working with ERP systems
- You have a strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.