Greater NYC Area
At Domio, we’re building a technology-powered real estate and hospitality start-up. We have properties in many markets across the country and are growing fast. We’re now looking to add an Accountant to our Finance team. The Accountant will work with the Financial Controller and Accounting Manager and will have exposure to everything finance.
Strong accounting knowledge is the minimum for this position. The right candidate must be willing to get their hands dirty and be comfortable with changing priorities. You may not always know the answer immediately, but you know how to figure it out. As a new role for the Finance team, there will be opportunity to get creative building out new controls and processes for a scaling organization. In addition, there will be exposure to everything from accounting, treasury, accounts payable, and corporate finance, as well as working closely with other key personnel across the organization as we prepare to for an upcoming audit.
At Domio You Will:
- Build and perform processes to improve the month-end financial close for a scaling company
- Perform financial statement analysis to help identify areas of improvement for the company
- Assist with the preparation for the Company’s first financial statement audit
- Perform controls such as balance sheet reconciliations and financial statement review
- Support management with special projects and ad-hoc requests
- Help to enforce company finance policies
- Be willing to roll up their sleeves to investigate/resolve issues
- Be a hawk with regards to flagging potential financial fraud
Who You Are:
- 2-3+ years professional experience (audit or corporate accounting)
- Accounting degree; CPA track preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, adaptive, and comfortable in fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Prior work experience in ERP (Sage Intacct) is a plus
Who We Are:
If you have a passion for travel & hospitality, you’ve come to the right place! Domio is a technology platform focused on the travel sector, encompassing real estate, hospitality, and design with an emphasis on social connections. Delighting our customers is in our DNA and we’re upping the ante on group travel with curated, end-to-end consumer experiences. Excited yet? Keep on reading.
Our Vibe at Domio:
We’re all about the hustle AND having fun. The Domio culture embraces innovative, bright, and talented professionals eager to make their mark on these ever-changing industries.
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more
• Unlimited vacation and flexible work-from-home policy
• Travel discount when booking Domio properties
• Learning & education budget, free books, and classes
• Fitness stipend
• Catered lunches every Friday
• Team bonding and offsite events
• Dog-friendly office
Read Full Job Description